Saturday, March 20, 2010

Exciting News!





By Maddie
We’ve got some exciting news! Jeff and I have decided to begin a new phase in our family. We are moving forward with adopting a child from Rwanda! We just sent off our home study and application to the Department of Homeland Security this morning. We are hoping to have a new little one running around the house within the year. Andrea & Joe are both very excited to have a new brother or sister.

Adoption is something that Jeff and I talked about before we got married. We always thought that it would be something we did in addition to our own biological children. We are following God’s lead and starting with adoption. We wanted to wait until our home study was complete and on its way to being processed by the US Government before we made the announcement.

There’s still a long journey ahead of us, but we’ve made it over the first few hurdles. It’s amazing to think that our baby is out there, just waiting to be matched up with us. We pray that they are safe and warm, fed and loved, but most of all, ready to be part of our family.

We’ll let you know as we find out more information. Our current prayer is that our application moves smoothly through the process of review by the US Government and does not get hung up for any reasons. Thanks for coming along this journey with us!

3 comments:

  1. You know I am more than excited for you guys! Maddie, I know you will make a wonderful mom, and the child who becomes part of your family is very lucky. I am excited to take this journey with you guys!! You are amazing and deserve the very best in life!! I will pray for speed through the US government, and will be excited to hear when that is all clear!! Congratulations Hendrych Family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy! I'm so excited, I can't even describe it! And, I think Jeff is on board for Cloth Diapers! Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie, reading this gave me goosebumps, I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about the process as you go through it, and will be praying for your family as well. What a lucky baby to be coming into such a wonderful family. I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete