Thursday, October 6, 2011

He's ours!

The courtroom was a cozy place. Packed in were three adoptive families, a few lawyers with their clients, and ten very well-behaved jailbirds dressed in pink. In the first item of business, the judge called the Hendrych family to come forward. With the assistance of our lawyer, Norbert, Maddie and I took our position at a podium in front of the judge's desk. The judge then read his ruling out loud (in French), signed the order, and with that...

Miles Joseph Hendrych is ours!

On top of that, against all odds, we got the ruling in time to make it to the passport office and stay on schedule. More on this topic later.

We have been blessed over and over on this trip. I am in awe of what can only be God's careful positioning of people and circumstances to help us through this process. Maddie and I would like to thank each of you for your prayers. They're working. Please keep them going, as the toughest part of our journey has yet to come.


Please enjoy these photos taken over the last week. You can click them to enlarge. More photos and a video to come...





















11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful :) I am out of words and my heart is filled with joy for your family! He is joining and amazing family! Welcome Miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's a heart-stealer alright! Soulful eyes,irresistable smile, precious hands...just all around too adorable for words! I just wanna kiss the palm of his little hands. You guys look so good together. My fav shot so far is of Miles lifting Mads' glasses. Miles Joseph...sweet, manly name. Btw, I haven't seen any pics of Joe in Rwanda yet. I hope he's feeling better and no longer contagious. What a blessed kid you're bringing home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annika and I just looked through the pictures again and I decided it's too hard to choose a favorite. ;-) Annika says "Awwww, he's cute! I love his skin." Lol. She's anxious to play and nurture your new son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes..I could eat him!!! He is so handsome. Congratulations Hendrych family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so super happy for all of you!!! I have to read these at home as tears always come down my face. But tears of joy!!! How happy you all look and Miles, boy he is soooooo adorable!!! I'm keeping my prayers going for all of you!! What an amazing journey!!!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's already stolen my heart. He is such a handsome little guy. Can't wait to meet him.
    -Christina W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely seeing another side of the other part of the two headed dragon! Your story is amazing! Really excited to meet the new member of your family. You are all very blessed!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have looked at these over and over again, and I cry every time!! He is so precious! I just love the smiles and happiness. I finally see that Maddie smile that has been fading with the heaviness of your wait. I am so grateful to see that light in your eyes again, Maddie! I love you SO much and I cannot wait until the Hendrych 5 come home!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miles is a doll baby! I cried when I saw the family holding that precious baby. You guys deserve the very best. I can't wait to take Miles to the park....(well, I guess you can come too. LOL). I will be praying for a safe return for the family. See you soon.
    Love and hugs
    Valerie Chavarria

    ReplyDelete