Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lots of Updates!

Sorry, we haven't been the best bloggers over the past few days...


So much has happened! Here's the nitty gritty...


We got our passport for Miles in 4 days! This is awesome news! We have an emergency appointment tomorrow (Thursday) at the Embassy in Kigali. This will enable us to go to Nairobi early so we can get Miles' medical appointments done. Since he is over 2 years old, he has to have a TB test. We are praying that we will follow suit of 2 other families who processed through Nairobi in 1 day! (after medicals that is) If all goes well, we will be back home by 3:30pm next Wednesday! 


A few other things to touch on...


Our POA Peter is just...AMAZING! We can't imagine doing any of this without his help. His family is wonderful and we were able to worship with him at his church last Sunday. We also visited his house and we able to bless one of his neighbors with food and love. More on that later too! 


Miles is totally meant to be in our family. We found out that he had been previously referred to a family and they said no! How could someone say "No" to my little boy? I'm glad they did because he is ours. He is a Hendrych! 


Okay, well it's late, I'm tired, Miles wants me and we have a busy day! 


More updates to come, we promise!

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of you guys! Stay strong and I love the words, "Miles wants me", it melts my heart again and again. Your his Momma, and his family, he is meant to be with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely second Cindy! "Miles wants me"...such sweet words. Shortest blog EVER, but for good reason. :-) Sending much love. V

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole trip has been led by God. All these months have gone by and now He has made it all happen so quickly...on the Africa side anyway. I think its pretty safe to speak for all of us and say that you've been gone for the longest time ever and we are dying to hug the Hendrych 5!! Love you guys beyond words!! Praise God that Miles is coming home with his FAMILY!!

    ReplyDelete