Sunday, October 16, 2011

Meeting Miles Video

It's almost 10pm here on Sunday night, October 16th, in Nairobi. Andrea is editing images from our safari today. (It was amazing.) Joe has his headphones on and is busy on Facebook. And Maddie and Miles are trying to go to sleep.

We have a big day tomorrow... Miles' second day at the medical clinic and then off to the embassy. Prayers please. We hope to have a quick finish and get home.

Thinking back to that first day back on September 30th, seems like ages ago. We've come a long way since that first encounter. With Miles, laughter is more frequent, crying less frequent (usually when he wants his way... he is 2 after all), and each day is a new adventure. Yesterday he learned how to drink from a straw and experienced soda for the first time. Today, Joe introduced him to headphones. The two of them dancing was excellent. And finally, we're all back to good health, except for home sickness, which we all have.

Like I mentioned earlier, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We're longing for a quick return home.

Now for your viewing pleasure... As promised, here's a short video of our trip to Kigali and our first time meeting Miles.



5 comments:

  1. Wow. I love you guys so much. Miles is a lucky little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears from me, like everyone else. What a beautiful video marking the beginning of your new life as the Hendrych Family. Oh my word...I'm going to be a tender mess the rest of the day. My love and prayers to you all as you continue the journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was priceless, may god bless you with many happy memories. I'm praying for you and your new family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this and reminding us of the wonderful things God is doing. I'm SO happy for your family! I love you all so much! :) Maddie- I started bawling the moment the camera showed you crying! It really got to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Jeff and Maddie congrats. Makes me proud to know you both.

    Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. (3 John 1:2 ESV)

    ReplyDelete